surf rod for whiting and other small species?

I love the Starlo stix shorespin. 9ft, sweet for the ting and other smaller fishies. Also a little ripper for throwing smaller(40gms) chromies at salmon.Best part is they are a good price.If you have a decent 7ft rod already i reckon you would be suprised at how far they can flick out a little sinker and bait.Sounds like you are getting keen for this warmer weather!!

I recently bought a Shimano Dynamix (exclusive to R&A's) that is 9' and rated 3-6kg, it's meant to be a good bream or yfw rod, I've only used it once and caught some medium sized salmon on it, but I intend to use on anything and everything on the small side that can be caught from shore. The best thing is the price!

I posted a reply to this topic a little while ago but it's not here. I wonder if the moderators are onto me???Anyway, I digress, my rod of choice for this application is a Tica 9' 2 piece. It's rated at 8 to 15lb but is plenty light enough in the tip to detect bites on bait or lure. I find it also has enough guts in it to throw a decent sinker or lure a sufficient distance.Judging by the replies on this topic, there are obviously more than a few good rods here that'll the do the job required of them. It's almost hard to go wrong given the breadth of gear that's on offer to us nowadays.Anyhow, good luck with the decisions.Cheers. Tight lines.

hahaha cheers for all the replys before i posted this id looked at most of the rods that use have mentioned. i do like the tica thefunkychicken i rekn they are a really good rod ill have to wait and see because i think there starting to release all the shimano 2011 gear early so might get my hands on something new. as for the reel i have that covered either the twinpower or my symetre 2500.. cheers. and yep def keen on the warmer weather, cheers tp