what can ya do???

gday fellas....the golden perch (callop)are going ballistic in a really big way here at the moment, around locks and weirs.people are absolutly raping and pillaging them. it really is absolutly disgusting and disheartening.happens every year without fail.went for a drive down there for a look (other side of the river though) and the bank was elbow to elbow, right up to the weir itself which is illegal in the 1st place, with out quadrupling your bag limitwas talking to a fella today and hes heard reports of one bloke in particular, taking 10 or so home,returning an hour later, take some more, go home, return etc etc. you get the drift.this goes on all day, saturday and sunday. :angry: and a bloke at work told me he seen a fella load AT LEAST 30 into the back of his ute last weekend :pinch: abviously there is alot more out there doing the same thing aswell.i refuse to go down there when its like that, already been in one blue down there in the past.anyway... what can you do? call the fiheries? ive tried... they dont care apparantly!go all vigilante justice on the offenders? just to end up in strife with the plods or in hospital coz some feral decides to stab ya or something?ive even tried calling the cops in the past, all i get is "not our problem, we dont deal with that"im pretty sure if i dropped a big skid in the main drag they would get involved! and they probably wouldnt appreciate it if i then said to them its vic roads problem, not theirs!the way i see it is, breaking the law is breaking the lawhonestly... what can ya do???!!!

I don't know mate....probably nothing ! Its horrible to see isn't it !A few years back, me and 2 friends stayed at the Edithburgh caravan park for a week, I didn'thave my boat, so we just fished from the jetty with good results. Every morning I wouldwatch this fellow and his wife who lived in the caravan park get the boat ready, launch it,head out to the Island ( watched them with binoculars) and return 2 hours later with there24 whiting, clean them and fillet them, and have a hours rest or so and then head out againfor another 24 whiting, clean and fillet again, all done by 4pm in the arvo !This happenedfor 5 days straight....48 whiting a day( I counted them as they cleaned them ) 96 filletsa day , for 5 days straight......480 fillets for the 5 days !I took some old bait down tothem, coz I wanted to get in their faces and let them know I was watching, and he had to gethis wife to say thank you, coz he couldn't speak English !!!!!!!!!I don't care how much you enjoy eating fish.....you could never eat that much !!!Tim...

From an article in a local YP paper this week - any volunteers ??"State Fishcare volunteer coordinator Toni Cox says PIRSA wants to expand its Fishcare team on YP.....................""Fishcare volunteers help keep anglers up to date with the rules and regulations that apply to recreational fishing and they have a vital role in raising awareness of the need to protect our fish stocks.""Volunteers patrol local jetties, boat ramps and other fishing hot spots providing recreational fishers with important advice and assistance to ensure they don't over-fish so there are enough fish for the future"Info meeting to be held in Ardrossan 27/10