are ther any reddies about

Probably somewhere in their home country I would suggest...What areas are you fishing ? heaps of water ways all round the state hold them, just a matter of getting out for a walk and investigating likely dams/creeks/rivers. Take some light line and some soft plastics ( they hit just about anything ) and check out a few spots.Word of warning... be cognisant of if you can legally fish an area. just because there's no signs up doesn't give you the right of path.

Not sure if its open but it usually is - Wynvalle dam out north is a good public dam that holds redfin. Unfortunatly I have never fished it so cant offer any tips on fishing it.I can tell you that my Gold Halco scorpian 35mm was claiming quite a few redfin the other day. This is because it immatates a little goldfish and most reddies cant resist scoffing one of those.

That Halco is an old school lure. Ie has been around for years and is one of the best Trout killers on the market. Both the Gold and rainbow trout patterns are definately worth having in your must have Hardbody lure collection if your serious about nailing good Size trout and redfin. The fish just seem to love the action as it is a really fast and tight action.Being a southerner, I have loved every minute since joining Safwa. So many good dams down south and its so good being able to fish them legally and not have to look over your shoulder for the long arm of the law..Best $60 I have ever spent, and it just keeps going from strength to strength. More trout going in to many dams. Next few years will be cracker

• 3 weeks later...

reddies are cagey bastards- but also hard fighting, and bloody tasty when you crumb the fillets of a fresh 600gram specimen. Generally speaking, dusk is prime time, especially balmy evenings when there is high insect activity and the reddies main food source (yabbies) are prolific. On boiling hot days they tend to almost "school" in inactive clumps.Early- mid morning is quite a good time to try also. Any spinner or soft plastic that mimics a food source (yabbies, worms, galaxis minnows) are deadly when presented correctly. Old fashion blade spinners in red and green are dynamite as it nutures the reddies cannabalistic urge. I also enjoy dangling a single fat tiger worm unweighted beneath a quill float on 1kg line. Watching the float duck and bob next to lily pads whilst sucking ao a corn cobbed pipe is quite relaxing. Goodluck bro.