i was at the jetty thismorning, at 9.17 my 9/0 started screaming, after 45 mins i had a bronzy JUST under 8ft to the fork of the tail!!!!!!!!!!!!! after my new "fan club" took some photos and i got sum pics with it me and luke walkied it back into thigh deep water and watched the beast swim off, such a great feeling and my new PB!!!!im stoked atm :D :D :D :D :D :D :D will post pics later but will keep the jetty to myself for the time being so its not packed if i go again tonight lolcheers scott

Hope to see the pics. That luke seems to be in or around most of the big captures.lol:woohoo:

Haha, yeah i seem to be around most of the catches, but im never the lucky one to hook up lol.Something big is brewing for me, i can feel it. 15ft hammerhead in westlakes, i can feel it haha
no problem catching a shark at all' date=' BUT to do it in such an irrisponsible and damaging way will not furthur the cause of anglers trying to enjoy our sport /recreation . actions of a few etc etc[/quote']Sorry for the double post hope it merges itself.Sorry buddy i havent looked through the hole thread, But if your reffering too the news article regarding the capture of the bronze whaler, can you please elaberate on what was irresponsible and damaging?cheers.

This sorta thing happens every season on all fishing forums guys! When it comes to sharks you just cant win. If you fish for them you are seen to be attracting them to our beaches. If you release them you are seen to be letting killers go to endanger swimmers' date=' and if you kill them you are heartless for hurting one of gods wonderful creatures! Me, I just think they are tasty!!![/b']That's is what ranger said in the shoutbox a while ago.

Yep, thems is my words alright!Don't get too cut up about the fuss guys! Every year when the weather warms, sharks create this huge frenzy of opinions and emotion!If you fish for sharks they condemn you for enticing them in.If you release them, you are condemned for endangering swimmers by letting them go.If you kill them you are condemned for the needless destruction of a beautiful creature.What they dont seem to understand is that Bronzies are always around, but they are a fairly docile shark which dont normally pose a danger to humans. In fact, most of us would have swum in close vicinity to them many times without ever knowing it.As far as I'm concerned, there's no ban on taking Bronzies, so as long as you are following the law, sharks are fair game and beaut tablefare!Well done to the guy who landed it, and I hope you enjoy it! In fact, I hope you've got a bl**dy big freezer! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'll be out there in a few weeks myself, but I just target the littlies! I'm hoping to bag one from the kayak this season, and if I do you guys will be the first to hear about it...........and bugger the vegans! ;)Then again, I also murder and eat most of gods little creatures, so the cute little baa lambs, the furry little bunnies, the big eyed moo cows, and a whole host of others are all destined for slaughter! Even the ugly crocodiles, snakes, goats, pigs, camels, emus, kangaroos, eels, ducks and many many others are all fair game. If they move, It's likely I'm gonna have a taste.................WHY???BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL SO TASTY!!! And because that omnipresent god being up there made me carnivorous, so it just aint my fault! :whistle:
I think anytime anyone gets cut up about it just repost Rangers post.Absolute corker Ranger Posted Image

A top fish Southslide,well done fella ;) Can't wait to read the write up,and the boy's on TSF will love it too B) The problem with the world today is that our society is run by all these "tree hugging,warm and fuzzy,no nukes,make love not warI know my rights,politically correct knobs" that they have lost touch with reality to some degree.Get a life to those that rant and rave on about it........Some people (most) make me :sick: :angry::unsure:

You can't change the majority that don't understand why we go fishing. They all think meat is something that you buy at woolies. I bet you if you put a lamb in front of someone and said there you go cut out your chops you're average schmuck would chuck a spaz at how its inhumane...There is no winning chief, the trick is to do it as best as you can as humanely as possible. This bloke has done nothing wrong, it just happens some idiot was nearby and took a photo and now it's in the paper. Let's condemn every other "idiot" that decides to go fishing on a metro jetty during hours where there are non-fishoes around.People only have an issue with what doesn't affect them as is the case with this garbage. Hardly anyone cares how much water they use, the damage their car does to the enviroment or even the fact that smoking kills. Tell me what he did wrong and i'll happily listen

totally agree!!! also like to add the idiots always taking undersize fish usually the same ones as taking the undersize crabs and using chicken and meat. but hey what can we do they usually come up with the excuse "i dont speak english" funny they dont speak it but know what that means idiots!

You can't change the majority that don't understand why we go fishing. They all think meat is something that you buy at woolies. I bet you if you put a lamb in front of someone and said there you go cut out your chops you're average schmuck would chuck a spaz at how its inhumane...There is no winning chief' date=' the trick is to do it as best as you can as humanely as possible. This bloke has done nothing wrong, it just happens some idiot was nearby and took a photo and now it's in the paper. Let's condemn every other "idiot" that decides to go fishing on a metro jetty during hours where there are non-fishoes around.People only have an issue with what doesn't affect them as is the case with this garbage. Hardly anyone cares how much water they use, the damage their car does to the enviroment or even the fact that smoking kills. Tell me what he did wrong and i'll happily listen[/quote']Well said mate. B)

Personally I think this is a never ending debate that will never be won by anyone, and "arguing" about it a lot just adds fuel to the fire, giving anti-fishos more ammo to use against us !We're all entitled to our own opinions on what's right and wrong, but in this case maybe the less "argy bargying" that goes on the better :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Hardly any debates are ever won :) No one really agrees in the end but I suppose it's cool to have somewhere you can talk and show your opinions to people who have an understanding of what fishing is about and why we all feel so passionate about it. I really don't have anyone that I can talk to that truly understands my obsession with fishing and the ocean but I know I can always turn to you lads and ladies on here and get opinions from people who understand.We'll never all agree on things but all you have to do is read the outrageous opinions that have been made by people on the bronzie this topic was started about...http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/bronzed-aussie-turns-up-for-beach-weather/comments-e6frea6u-1225944752103Honestly what I have learnt from reading people's comments on that article are that non-fishoes truly do not understand what fishing even involves. They seem to not be aware that sharks are in the water everywhere and it's not the fisherman that make them come in. One lady seems to believe that the person who caught the shark has now drawn a tonne more bronzies into the area and he should now be responsible for anything that happens to swimmers. I truly believe that most people don't realise a squid, tommy ruff or even a snapper has as much right to be in the ocean as a bronzie yet they all eat these things. This is why I feel this forum is a godsend and I am so thankful I've joined and been able to discuss an obsession with like minded people. I do apologise if I have come across as specifically targeting anyone personally in this topic but all I'm really trying to do is get explainations behind people's comments so I can better understand why they feel that way.All we can do is represent our chosen passion in the best light possible and inform others as best we can so they can better understand why we're so passionate.CheersSS