Hey guy's, i bought a couple of new sqid jags last week to add to the collection before heading down to Pt Turton for the weekend, after casting one out twice, i managed to land a squid but noticed the cloth wrapped around it was coming away. Is this something that you guys glue back down and if so what do you use? I am not sure whether the cloth flopping around is going to be a distraction or not. I kept using it on and off for the weekend when trying different colours, I am not sure if I actually got another squid on that particular jag or not. Anyway I noticed that I have a few jags there with the cloth coming away and was wondering if and what people use to fix them. Ended up with eight squid which was nice, more would have been better but greatful for the ones that I got.

I've had that same problem before with the odd new jag I purchase which can often be frustrating as I rarely spend less than $17 a jag. I've used superglue like tarzans grip and had it work or epoxy works pretty well and sometimes a spray adhesive will do the job :laugh: Hopefully you will find a more definite answer from someone else on here :) The best advice i can offer is to pull out what cloth you can with ease and make sure you apply glue evenly over the whole exposed surface then put the cloth back as best as you can. Take the time to do the job properly and you won't be disappointed :woohoo:

I find that when i am squidding the cheapies work just as well as the expensive jigs(i like blue myself).....this is the reason i would just usually buy the 5 for $10 jobs and throw them away if they lost there cloth covers ,not that that has ever happened.......in saying that i havent tried a really expensive jig.....are they really that good??......i reckon they are like salmon if they are there then they are gonna hit almost anything that moves,maybe it is in the retrieve too?

red and white yozuri dynamite just ask my mate last weekend pt hughes i call them my mclarens after the old formula 1 car similar red and white out fished him 8-1 he couldnt believe it i have even got snook on my 3.0 off pt vic jetty. just quietly apparently they are being discontinued spoke to compleat angler moonta and havent seen many in local shops. igot approx 8 each of the various sizes i love em that much.

Bugger just hit the tab and lost my typing-well here i go again :angry: When the jag cloth splits i prefer to stitch it back together as i find it lasts better than gkue. If its beyond help i rip the cloth off and hand paint the jag. :) When my jags are shot i like to cobble one together using the old jag spikes and an old lure. Works well and its fun to see action with the jag-gets the other anglers in bigtime :evil: