smoked snowy mountains rainbow trout

after seeing the thread on fish smoking growing every day i decided to dust off the smoker box and smoke up two rainbow trout my father in law gave me a few weeks ago. i also had a snapper to smoke up aswell.after alot of use of my smoker box i have created a big hole in the bottom of it...holey smoker.jpgthe racks also looked a bit rusty so i went to cheap as chips and brought some new ones which ended up being the exact same size as the ones i had in the smoker.so i foiled up one of the old ones to hold my smoking chips on and sat it in the bottom of the box.... hole problem solvedsmoker repaired.jpgso i salted up the fillets as i prefer not to brine salted fillets.jpgi use the side burner on the barbie as the box fits perfect over itside burner.jpgand after smoking for 10 minues per rack walla trout alla smoked!!!finished product.jpgso it doesnt matter how rough looking the smoker box looks like its the finished product what counts. i was going to buy a new box today but at $70 i thought twice and spent a whole $4 on new racks and a bit of foil.i will eventually get the hark smoker cos they look tops!