snapper ban on, what to do what to do.

im lost... cant fish the snapper' date=' and being landbased doesnt leave me with much options...gar tommy and squid about it, with the odd ST. but will concentrate on some squid bait tonight...gotta get my fishing fix in....[/quote']Ifel what ur saying.I look at the snapper ban to get boat serviced.and general maintiance on fishing gear.November is also the month i fill my freezers with bait.Which i get from land base fishing and boat fishing.Plus several feeds of blue crabs.And the shells and guts of cooked crabs get made into berly.Its avery good snapper berly on its own.Bring on december.

In my location, I hit the Port River and West Lakes Bream in November, this year has been a pretty cool sept and October, but usually they are firing in November :):)I also head to John Robb wreck as Hammerheads are about for half to three quarters of November. ( this might be of use to metro fishers)But if I were you, I'd pick my winds and float out a few balloons over November as per FSW's suggestion. Don't get me wrong I'm no shark fisho hahaha I love my Snapper, if I'm leaving harbour. It's for knobbies :):) but... shark fishing is a top little hobby to indulge in during the ban. And judging by that Big red you pulled in off those rocks recently. There would definitely be some toothy line shredding beasties at that spot of yours. Hey, you could even re introduce yourself to friends and family hahaha they might wonder who the big stranger is who only comes in from the rocks every November:P :P;)

Jack, that is SOOOOOOOO Funny. My family dont even know who I am anymore as Im too focussed on snapper and trout fishing. So thats why my answer is to chase trout all November...although that doesnt help you Nev.I would be trying to catch blue swimmers. Apparently there top tucker although I just prefer the shells for burley.:blink: :blink: :blink: If you can get some garfish somewhere then that could be a great alternative. Surley you could burley some gar in off those rocks.they are tasty little so and so's:) :) :)

back from a squid and the butcket is empty... couple of blokes having fun trying to land a shark from shore... never seen a set up like this before thats for sure... 2 balloons sailing out a big hunk of bait, the bloke feeding line out STANDING wasit deep in the water, and the rod up the top of the rocks jammed into the bull bar of the 4wd... i watched with interest, then went for a chat... well, total nutcases it seems, but they hooked one last night but lost it after an hr and half fight.i left them too it.