Fishing in Bali

went out with a small operator on a oldish boat but was spacious and had twin outboards gear was old and shotty trolling skirts were terrible didnt get anything on the troll went reef fishing with handlines and caught heaps of little reef fish on prawns but that was it cost me 160 australian for four hours was terrible make sure u use one of the bigger operators and make sure u have people to go on it with or book well before so they can get u on the boat with another group i made the mistake of just rocking up expecting my group of friends would be interested but they werent and couldnt get on any free spots on larger operators. Jigging and popping and trolling is the way to go in bali if u want to get onto big fish and lots of them but u will have to go with a larger operator. ENA SPORT FISHING is apparently good also ADHEK Check this website out http://www.mybaliguide.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=viewnews&id=780Remember its usually a minimum of four people and will cost upwards of 500 usd for a half day right through to over 1000 for a full day the more people u have on the boat u get to split costs includes lunch transfers and drinks fishing gear isnt always provided sometimes they make u hire it for 50 usd for the day and any jig or line lost or damamge to gear they will charge you.

Speaking as someone who has travelled a fair bit, I'd suggest not to expect too much!Indonesia, Singapore, China, Vietnam are all tough places to find quality fishing.For my money Malaysia would rate amongst the best with their deep sea fishing, the rest are just taking the tourist dollars to get you on the water for the day.Keep in mind that asia is far different to Australia, where we can be guaranteed a decent vessel, decent tackle and everything inclusive!In asia, you NEED to ask the correct questions! ie:If the charter is cancelled due to weather, etc, do I get my money back?Is fishing tackle included in the cost, or do I have to pay extra to hire equipment?Will I get lunch or soft drinks, or do I have to pay for these seperately?Cost of bus/taxi from my hotel to the marina and back?How many will be aboard?Do the crew speak english?Do I get to keep the fish I catch?Etc, etc, etc!In Australia we have a different set of rules to other countries. Know everything up front, or you WILL face disappointment through those little things you just took for granted.....but forgot to ask.