Guest undertaker

My opinion..... :o :o :oSave your cash a little bit longer,and get a TLD or the like of that 8)I saw first hand a few years ago, a bloke get a screaming run at Wool Bay.......obviously a very nice shark......on his Okuma 50W.......not the Gold one......the ugly looking blue / grey beast.After flicking the lever to strike,and the rod arched over into a nicely loaded action,the drag took effect.........the shark taking another 100m or so against 8kg of drag...all good at this stage. ;)He commented on how hot the sides of the reel felt....a normal sort of reaction I guess.He won some line back,but commented on how hard it was to turn the handle........he was doing all the "pump and wind" bizzo.....another surge from the shark,100m or so again.......this time,when the run stopped,and pumping began,guess what......no winding! ::)The handle was "fused" into place,like it had been welded.Bloody thing would'nt turn for love nor money......the inevitable then happened.....the shark took off,and 5 seconds later,that gunshot sounding CRACK as 50lb line parted company.A post-mortem ;D on the jetty showed the drag "washers" to be a solid blob.....looked like a bit of hard chewie,and the spool spindle / axle ???....what-ever you wish to call it.....had welded itself to the bush/bearing housing in the other sideplate.It now forms part of an artificial reef some 30 yards from the end of the jetty. :icon_lol:If it were me,I'd save my cash for something better ;) Just my opinion though.Oh yeah,I just bought a TLD 50 8)Happy shopping.

Guest undertaker

ok spooled it up with 50lb mono last night

What "changed your mind" then buddy?Mono is my "weapon of choice" ;D,but you seemed so adamant on the braid........what happened ???One trip without a run is nothing :P.......if you scored every time out,it would get boring wouldn't it :-\.......that's what makes you want to go back! ;D