Salmon helper

Guest Brent61southoz

Guest Brent61southoz

when using fresh pilchards for bait and you feel your baits been taken with no reward , try attaching an extra hook from the swivel with a soft plastic on , (berkley gulp "smelt") . not only saves you winding in immediately but could mean the difference in gettin that elusive horse that just stole ur baiti use it regularly and find i catch more on the softy.with the smell of the bait acting as an attracting berleygoodluck

Yes good tip one i don't use often enough ,another way is when lure fishing for salmon hang a snood heavier than main line to stop twisting from loop on main line approx 50cm above main lure on the snood use roughly size1 limerick style hook with one of them small white rubber squid on best to slide squid onto snood before tying loop to fix to main line or try one of them gulp smelts what blindmullet61 recommends sounds better than the squid but great fun catching double headers lure fishing especially when the second one hits

I always use a surf popper when fishing for Salmon. The head is made of foam so they bob around a bit in the surf. I reckon they work better than a plastic because of this. I now put a crossline swivel in and use a plit ring to put the popper on to the side of the crossline. It lets it spin around a bit. It wont get tangled ad it hold on when you get a double header. I favour the blue ones. Some say red and they do a bright yellow but no one buys them.