Feeding your snapper grounds

Guest xtrafishyfish

Guest xtrafishyfish

Do you believe in feeding up your snapper spots. I sometimes throw old fish leftovers and old cockles on my grounds to keep a bit of feed going on themI have heard some people talk of sacks of wheat on their spots..... does this actually work with snapper or is this just another myth :?:

• 3 months later...

I have heard the same stories from many years back, people would get wheat bags full or half full of Barley and drop onto their Whiting drops. The bags would rot over time, the barley would expand due to being soaked with the water, and the currents would spread the feed over the area, this would keep the fish nearby and a constant supply of feed for them, I dont know how this would go for a Snapper drop, it should work well for the smaller rugger Snapper. I would imagine that if you dispersed all your unused baits at the end of a session, they would scavenge the area clean, whether it keeps the big boys coming back again and again, I am not to sure.[/color:1c7sw5kk]