barnacle berley

Myself and two other hi profile fishermen went out the other day and fished for whiting off the metro coast at brighton. We pulled up to our favourite spot only to find about 5 other boats close to our spot. We anchored up in the middle and chucked a whole tub of barnacle berley into a little hole. The water was pretty shallow about 4-5mt so we could see the bottom pretty clearly. With in minutes we were all pulling good kg whiting. We bagged out in an hour. We kept casting into the area where the berley went in and were getting bites straight away. If we cast in off the spot where the berley was sitting we would get nothing. I think this berley works so well because it is heavy and sinks to the bottom. Whiting are bottom feeders and love to pick around at shells. This barnacle berley was enough to keep them interested but not to feed them too much. The three of us didn't see any of the other boats catch a fish while we wre there. I dont think they liked us at all. For About $4 a tub, i never go out with out now.

Hi fred i tryed to make my own (worlds best) berley but it seems the only good stuff i put in was the barnacale berley. i put the berley in and the barnacales went just went i wanted it to go and wasent affected by water movement. i got some nice red mullet( witch you should try) and i think it keeps the fish in the area nicely as well

• 1 month later...