Pikendi WroteBeen doing some reading on the internet about using what is called "Bubble and fly technique". It is a way you can use flies with spinning gear. You use a clear float you can add water too and attach it to your mainline and than swivel. From the swivel you have your fly trace and then your fly.Posted ImageI've tried this and have gotten good distance casting but no fish. Was wondering if anybody else has heard of this and has or is using it?Also is there another way to use flies on spinning gear? I'd go use fly fishing gear but no idea how to operate it heh.Cheers,PickendiBenny Wrote:Baitfish profile flies (wet flies) with a couple of split shots on the main line should work ok.Mickyj WroteGuys it would be easier IMHO to go and buy a fly combo then use your Salt water flies .But hey I didnt really use lures before I swapped over to SWFF.and If I can cast and catch anyone can .mmmm fish on a fly love the thoughtBocky WroteI am not a fly fisherman at all but isnt it about stealth and technique. Is chucking out a heavy water filled float just going to spook the fish that a lightly weigthed fly might have tempted.Benny Wroteyou are right Bocky, however this can be an advantage at the heads and tails of pools, as the trout wont hear the float as the water will be rushing, OR cast it at the head of the pool and allow it to slowly drift downstream.Bocky Wrotegood point benny never thought of that.Benny WroteNever gave it a go, I never fish for trout (given up ) ya should test and post results if you are a trout fisherman.