Just wanted to know what gear people where using of the beach for bronzies and eagle rays {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif Like what pound line how much line, reels rods ect. Im keen to get into a bit of beach fishing. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifps if you got any pics to show wouldn't mind having a look at what youve caught lately.... {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

G'day luke,fishing tennyson for sharks, only once have we come across a shark which may have been bigger than 4.5ft....and yes butters lost it!I just use my surf salmon gear for the sharks, seems to work fine and puts a nice bend in the rod...I'm also using a 4120, with anywhere between 15 and 30lb mono.I have a few spools to my surf reels so i can mix and match depending...30lb is a little heavy imo {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

eagle's will take a bait real close to the shore, but always look for a gutter or drop off to put your bait in. if i'm fishing a beach with no or very small gutters i will cast out as far as i can but keep it on the sand for rays. when i was younger i used to do alot of ray fishing and i found the best bait to be squid. squid will aslo catch you sharks aswell.