Taught my girlfriend how to squid

Trip over to yorkes last week, the missus wanted to learn how to squid and never had caught one but loves to eat them, so stopped of at wool bay "to show her how"Squid.jpgthe 2 little ones to the left are the ones i caught, LOL, she caught the rest, LOLbut i did turn one of those little ones into a 1.2 metre school shark later that night at Point TurtonJust one of those moments of this is how u do it and then just stood back and watched her bring in squid after squid, LOL, bloody funny

Merry xmas all, I'm writing this with a cold corona in hand.We were down at turton from the 19 - 22nd. Spent all day on Tuesday in the boat, from the ramp to souttar - barely a touch other than shittys. We sat close in near the swimming centre for the last half hour and caught 2 small salmon, but that was all we managed to keep.We also went to the jetty most nights - after some hard work we jigged a few chow & slimeys and sent them back out alive under a balloon. Managed 2 good squid, but no kingies or anything to really get the adrenalin pumping.Still a great fun trip though. Did some snorkelling on wednesday and saw plenty of whiting, salmon, and a school of large bream - so there's obviously plenty of life about, we just weren't good enough!We're heading to pt broughton for our first trip there in a few days, hoping to catch a feed of snapper. Anyone got any suggestions of where we should start?