Carp Fun at Lake Albert

Popped in and saw me rellies at meningie and chucked a line in hoping for some callop or redfin, but instead had a ball with some MASSIVE carp. I remember as a kid catching them in the river torrens and dragging in a dead weight, not these beasts there taking line, BIG runs and putting up some very entertaining fights on 8kg line, had a absolute ball with them, no point using the tiger worms, they go in seconds we caught all of ours on corn kernals, lol, and a little kid down the track a bit was catching them on jelly beans, so if ya got some youngings and want to guarentee them to catch some BIG fish head on down there over the holidays for some real good fun:laugh:

What is the actual problem with carp? I have heard that there very bony and hard to fillet as to why no one eats them? A guy walking past the other day said that the size we were catching that would be easy to fillet and worth eating?? I offered him the fish but he said no, lol. We were saying that its cruel that u catch these really big fish but cant eat them, does anyone no why no one eats them, do they taste like shit??Im taking red jelly beans next time ;)

TroutaCheck this link from a previous "The Cook & The Chef" episode:http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s1657517.htmHave also heard that purging your caught carp in clean freshwater for a day or two (e.g. in a bathtub) gets rid of the muddy taste (not sure of the legality of this though, seeing that they are noxious fish and "are not to be returned to the water").Also heard that soaking the fillets in milk, or stacking the fillets with sliced onion between them also tends to eliminate the "muddy" taste.If you're interested (and/or adventurous), PM me and I'll give you a few more recipes.Only ever tried carp once - at a SARDI Open Day - to be honest, it wasn't too bloody bad.CheersarcherfishB)