Gar and Jumbos ( interesting )

You'll probably wonder why I chose the title of this post, and I dont blame you :blink:My other 1/2 and I headed out off WB ramp looking for a feed of Gar, maybe a KG or 3 and some crabs but forgot the nets in the rush to leave :whistle: :( Arriving at our spot over seas that were glassy on top of the lumps :blink: ( never seen seas just like that ) the anchor was quickly and quietly dropped, and cockles and gents dispatched along with burley.The Gar soon arrived in good numbers, though many needed to be checked for size, and Sarah managed to snare a nice Bluey on her KG rig :woohoo: The bite started off slowly, but increased to the point where we ended up with 40 odd legal fish, with around the same number thrown back, within about two hours:) The Weird part though was the gar dissapearing.We've all seen it happen as a shark, squid or similar harrases the school, but both times it happened today, was as a large jet flew well overhead. ( we didnt get a shadow ) Funnily enough a prop driven plane flew over between the jets, without any sign of the fish being disturbed.It made me wonder if the fish are sensirtive to the whine of the turbines, and reaxct accordingly :huh::unsure: PS we still managed one crab on the KG line, and one gar managed to seal its fate ny managing to tie a double loop around its bill :evil: :whistle:

My other 1/2 and I headed out off WB ramp
Had a good day out with BrentOZ then..... :laugh: Sounds like a good day out on the water' date=' any pics?[/quote']No B2 today, Dopey was snoozing, and the seabreeze would have kicked in b4 we even launched, and wouldnt that be fun at the ramp as a gazillion boats headed in :S :whistle: Had to go without him :( :ohmy: Did take a video or two, just need to work on how to add a vudeo from my new iphone :)