Raymarine DS500X Screen shots

Thought I'd start a post showing some pics off my sounder, as Ive finally got around to getting some pics off it.Some might not be too clear due to boat movement, plus I'm not used to doing that and keeping an eye on the sounder and GPS at the same time .If anyone wants to add comments, they'd be welcome, as I'm still learning how to use and interpret it all :) First ShotThis is either teh Glenelg Barge or Dredge, taken this morning cant remeber which it was, I was 1/2 asleep still :blush:IphonePics070.jpgSecond is an undiclosed location, sorry :whistle: IphonePics076.jpg

Thought I'd start a post showing some pics off my sounder' date=' as Ive finally got around to getting some pics off it.Some might not be too clear due to boat movement, plus I'm not used to doing that and keeping an eye on the sounder and GPS at the same time .If anyone wants to add comments, theyu'd be welcome, as I'm still learning how to use and interpret it all :) First Shot[/quote'] And to keep an eye on the sounder and gps, that's why you have to eyes. one eye for each:lol: :clap:
And to keep an eye on the sounder and gps' date=' that's why you have to eyes. one eye for each:lol: :clap:[/quote']Dont forget the third eye for the camera, and a fourth "weather eye" too :rain::boat::fishing: :f :sun::sh I also need an eye for getting Pics up the right way Rickster :blush: :lol:Oh well practice makes perfect.Cheers

some nice looking lumbs there mate so did you catch anything is the question ? :boot:

lol Wadey' date=' not to speak of [b']this[/b] time ;)Should have taken a pic of the new araa I found ; stacks of ruggers, u/size, and a long way out :) Thought I had some pics of teh Stanvac area, where I caught these IphonePics061.jpgIphonePics062.jpgIphonePics063.jpg

what the :c is the first pic of ? So do you guys get any big big reds down that way ?

Its a Red Gurnard Wadey, minus its fins.Their spikes pack a very nasty punch, so I'd trimmed them befor handling it anymore than I had to. They also have a very sharp spine on their gill plate too:ohmy: Im not a regular down that way, but yes they sure do get good Reds down that way ;)That one was around 40/42 cms from memory, and the Flatty actually came from West Beach I think .
what the :c is the first pic of ? So do you guys get any big big reds down that way ?
Its a Red Gurnard Wadey' date=' minus its fins.Their spikes pack a very nasty punch' date=' so I'd trimmed them befor handling it anymore than I had to. They also have a very sharp spine on their gill plate too:ohmy: Im not a regular down that way, but yes they sure do get good Reds down that way ;)That one was around 40/42 cms from memory, and the Flatty actually came from West Beach I think .[/quote'']You're better off not bringing Gurnards into the boat Brenton... was only talking to some of my ex pro mates the other day about when they've been spiked and they reckon the pain is excrutiating and the only remedy is to keep pouring hot water over the wound for instant relief

]You're better off not bringing Gurnards into the boat Brenton. was only talking to some of my ex pro mates the other day about when they've been spiked and they reckon the pain is excrutiating and the only remedy is to keep pouring hot water over the wound for instant relief

Yep, Ive heard plenty of stories myself Fishie, and I reckon it would only take once.............He was handled with extreme care the moment he came out of the water, but I still appreciate the advice.Does puring hot water actually stop the "venom" working or just distract you because you're getting some pretty nasty burns instead I wonder :S :whistle: :huh::unsure: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

]You're better off not bringing Gurnards into the boat Brenton. was only talking to some of my ex pro mates the other day about when they've been spiked and they reckon the pain is excrutiating and the only remedy is to keep pouring hot water over the wound for instant relief

Yep' date=' Ive heard plenty of stories myself Fishie, and I reckon it would only take once.............He was handled with [b']extreme[/b] care the moment he came out of the water, but I still appreciate the advice.Does puring hot water actually stop the "venom" working or just distract you because you're getting some pretty nasty burns instead I wonder :S :whistle: :huh::unsure: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

Definitley the BARGE there AFF ;) deck height 2.5m from the floorthe Dredge has 6 m deck height & is a harder structure :huh: keep practicingperfect practice will make perfect :whistle: :whistle: Finatic

Been scuba diving with a tradies tape Finatic :huh:;) I waa surprised how "soft" that section came up, you'd expect it to be more solid.I've been over those a few times, and it has looked that way b4.Thanks for the tip :) Cheers