Early bloodworm run??

I went down to St Kilda early this morning Sat 7/6/08 at about 5.30am to flick a few sp around.I fished for just over three hours for no results not a single tap.everyone I asked as I walked the length of the breakwater, out and then in, were in the same basket.This got me wondering due to the fact we are around the time of the year and the moon is right,does anybody know if we have had an early flush of bloodworms.Or did sombody go out and get some fish today to prove my theory wrong?Cheers Ian {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

Ian spoke to our proffessional wormer this morning , asked him about bloodworms , said he dug up an unusual amount of bloodworms yesterday and felt there may have been a small run you are right no onevseemed to be catching much at all yesterday although I haven't spoken to Cookie and co who were fishing last night.

Ian, someone told me the other day that you're just a crap fisherman, and while those around you are pulling fish, you remain fishless, and make excuses that you have phone calls to answer! {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gifIt's generally accepted that there are 3 Bloodworm runs, (June, July, August) but the rule of thumb is that July is the big one.Last year both July and August produced worms in good numbers, the year before it was only July which produced worms in quantity.With the new moon in June being the 4th, I would expect to see worms from around the 7th through to the 9th if they're gonna come out to play this month, so you may well be on the money with your assumption.I haven't heard of anyone yet who's been out looking for them, or who's seen them out there, but hey, it is winter, and there aint too many fishing the mangroves out on these cold nights.If ya get onto a fish, cut it open and see what's inside! ;)

Those of you with a good memory will recall, July '06 a segment on "Hooked with Dave Butfield" Foxtel channel 183, or those with dvd set Hooked series 1, featured SA bloodworm run. This was filmed in June, 3 days after New Moon, freezing cold it was, damn hard work it was also, they were few & far between, but we got them. Not unusual in June, guaranteed in July & a raffle in August, I would be out tonight to bag up a few B4 the Pro's hammer them.My 2 bobs worth, want to know more, see you instore.Finatic