Typical Day Barra Fishing

Or when you get reefed in the roots and you know its only a couple of meters under the water but the tackleback cant get through the roots. Do I jump in and get it....Or not.

Not. Leave it there.......f**k it there's too many nasties up there to even consider jumping in after a lureHas anyone ever accidentally thrown their baitcaster over the side?Casting with a baitcaster is similiar in action to throwing a skimmer rock (sideway arm flick). Cork grips get really slippery from wet fish slimeso its not totally uncommon up north to watch in horror as your baitcaster slips out of your hand during the cast and "helicopters" into the water 5 metres from the boat!Happened to me once with my $700 shimano calais/t-curve combo :laugh: lucky my lure floated to the surface and a sharp yankof the line caused a nest in my reel and i got it back :woohoo:

Happened to me once with my $700 shimano calais/t-curve combo :laugh: lucky my lure floated to the surface and a sharp yankof the line caused a nest in my reel and i got it back :woohoo:

Doubly lucky you didnt have a metre Barra come up and boof the lure down too :pinch: :whistle: