luvias or airity????

My own view is to definately get the rod you want, and then choose the reel to suit the rod, instead of buyin a reel and then gettin a rod for the reel!Gloomis has a fantastic reputation as quality gear, and I know you wont be disappointed with the rod.As for the reels, I'm a Daiwa addict, and I recon they're the ducks guts, so both will serve you well, and both will suit the rod.I think it's important to compare apples with apples, and because you're buying secondhand, there are differences. It's a 2007 Luvias, not the current model, so the spcs are different.Specs: 4.9 gear ratio, 6+1 b/bearings, 220g weight, capacity 135m/6lbUnfortunately, I've been through all my crap here, and I dont have the specs on hand for the 1500 Airity, only the 2000 and 2506, and I'm not familiar with the 1500.I would "expect" the same gear ratio, more bearings, lighter weight and a capacity of around 90-100m/6lb.Both are magnesium body (saltwater treated), digigear drive, washable, water resistant drag, ABS spool, cross wrap oscillation, and folding handle.I'd suggest the differences then are weight, line capacity and a couple of b/bearings.Added line capacity of the Luvias would make it a more versatile unit.Wider spool of the Airity would cast better.Cost is something to weigh up. Airity 1500 ($240), Luvias 2000 ($200). Which is the better value? I dunno!I really think what it's gonna come down to in the end is which balances better on the rod and feels better in your hand, and I have no idea how you'll work that out without trying it!A really tough decision, but at least one where I don't think there's really a WRONG choice, as both will suit, and suit well, and both have a fantastic reputation as quality reels!Let's face it, at the end of the day, either an Airity/Loomis, or a Luvias/Loomis combo is gonna be up there with the bee's knees of Bream outfits!Why not drop Shauno a pm. He's the Loomis guy, he uses the dropshot 820's, and he's familiar with the Daiwa reels. If anyone can tell ya I recon it'd be him!I dont know of anyone with an Airity 1500, but if Shaun will let ya hold his rod, I have a Luvias 2000 here I can lend ya to get a feel for it on the rod.

OK, I've thought long and hard on this!If I only had ONE outfit, I'd go with the Luvias, coz I recon the extra line capacity would be handy for targetting different species.If It was one of a few outfits I owned, I'd go with the Airity as a dedicated Bream outfit, coz it's lighter and I recon the wider spool would cast a little better!Still interested to hear other views on this one, especially from those who own or have used the Loomis DSR's.

By the looks it may have gone to QLD Have been looking at this one for awhile and I have a PM ready just in case my Airity family decide they need a little brother :icon_e_wink: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:Posted ImageWould work well on a nice 5"6" rod for close in work around piers and wharfs with locked drag :icon_e_biggrin:Let me know if you decide Not to get it as I will hang off if you do want it :icon_e_wink:

Just noticed what rod you plan to match it to, I have had a IMX S842-2 ( 7' 2 piece) Blank made up for my dream bream rig with one of the 2506's lives on as a match made in heavenIMX S842-2 Blank with a up locking KFPSD16 Quik-Lock Foregrip on a Skeleton Reel Seat with Cork inserts and gold winding checks.The Guides are Fuji Silicon Carbide Ring Titanium Frame Concept Guides.All up without the reel it comes in at 85g add to this the Airity 2506 at 195g it's a comfortable 280g :icon_e_surprised:Posted ImageStripper guidePosted ImagePosted ImageCan lose a little more weight when I like to have a ultra short butt for twitching SP's.Posted ImageA removable Fighting “Butt”The Fighting Butt is a piece of GLX blank that the Rod maker had sitting around and it fitted perfectly.Posted Image

Hey, there's somethin wrong wiv that photo! All the handles are on the wrong side!

You spotted my horrible secret :icon_e_confused: :icon_e_surprised:Yes I'm a Right hand cast - Right hand wind :-[ :-[ just a silly cacky hand fisherman :icon_e_sad: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Go for it mate.as I have decided on the Luvias 2000...Cheers for the excellent info on the rod.... :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin: Also there is nothing wrong with R/H wind,I'm one myself... ;D Ranger is a AIRITY 2506 nut and he must be drolling over those photo's ::) Let me know if you decide Not to get it as I will hang off if you do want it :icon_e_wink:

Hey, there's somethin wrong wiv that photo! All the handles are on the wrong side!

You spotted my horrible secret :icon_e_confused: :icon_e_surprised:Yes I'm a Right hand cast - Right hand wind :-[ :-[ just a silly cacky hand fisherman :icon_e_sad: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
Oh the shame of it all! :P