Hi guys, In the recent Adelaide North (I think) report of Wild Coast I came across a small paragraph talking about elephant sharks off semaphore jetty and tennyson beach. I have never targeted elephants so I was just wondering whether anyone could suggest the types of outfits, line, rigs and baits that would be suitable.Thanks.

G'day.I've snagged a few of these weird little fellas off metro jetties (Glenelg and Brighton) and more than a few at Salt Creek.The jetty ones have been caught via 5/0 or  6/0 hooks on paternoster rigs (really intended for Snapper) with Pilchard or Squid baits. The ones at Salt Creek were hooked on Mulloway and Salmon rigs with Pilchard, Saury, Squid or slab baits.I've released every one of them having never kept one to taste (apparently they can be eaten though).They're a weird and beautiful little thing but I haven't ever really targeted them specifically.Good luck with it.Cheers.