Hi Midcoast Angler, depending on the time you go if you find the big schools have formed on the main wreck that the Pro's fish, any big plastics will work. The school is often huge especially on open day and in the two weeks to a month after that.The best snapper plastics are The Berkley Gulp jerk Shad 7 Inch and most colours work well, with a favourite colour being Nuclear Chicken. Its a very bright colour that fish can see from a big distance away.The Secret weapon in the Berkley Range is the 6 Inch Gulp Grub and Most pattersn work. Ive had great success on the Chartrueus which is a fluro green.The Squidgee Pro range is good and the Evil Minnow is a deadly colour in them - just ask for the largest size evil Minnow flick baits in any tackle store and you should do okay.So I would have any combination of these three plastics with me if I was heading out there. But if I had to catch some big reds that werent schooling and might be a bit fussy I would go natural by fishing a 6" Camo grub! Heres a pic to get you further interested - This is the chartreus 6" Grub!Sorry to those that have seen it b4.MadKeen_2011-09-14.jpg