keeping clean with cuttlefish

the dreaded cuttlefish ink..... must be 100 times worse than squid ink im sure...i can get squid ink off fairly easy,but cullty is like scraping wallpaper off.....so now when i catch them i freeze them first,and clean the next day or so...no more ink,..well its still there but its now a solid block of black ice..... bit cold on the hands and fingers cleaning them,but a damn sight easier to wash your hands afterwards.works well on squid as well....no slime to contend with....

It's black!

Squid, like all cephalopods, have complex digestive systems. Food is transported into a muscular stomach, found roughly in the midpoint of the visceral mass. The bolus is then transported into the caecum for digestion. The caecum, a long, white organ, is found next to the ovary or testis. In mature squid, more priority is given to reproduction and so the stomach and caecum often shrivel up during the later stages of life. Finally, food goes to the liver (or digestive gland), found at the siphon end of the squid, for absorption. Solid waste is passed out of the rectum. Beside the rectum is the ink sac, which allows a squid to discharge a black ink into the mantle cavity at short notice.

Tell me, what am I missing? :-\
  • 2 weeks later...

But WHAT is "Sepia" for a dunce like me? ???Sounds like the paint chart I picked up last time I wanted to paint my walls! Avocado, Peach, Apple Crumble, Wasabi, buckwheat, etc, etc, etc! I didn't wanna paint my walls with food, I was just looking for "Green, blue, red, etc"! :-\