Shark Attacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you scared about being eaten by a shark?Well you probably wasting your life away worrying about stuff that will probably never happen to you!Sharks killed only four people, including an Australian woman, world-wide last year, according to the International Shark Attack File at the University of Florida. A further 58 people were attacked by sharks during the 12 month period. As a result, the total number of shark attacks worldwide increased to 62 in 2006, from 61 the previous year, but the number of those proving deadly was unchanged.That was far below the 79 attacks, 11 of them fatal, in 2000.The United States had more shark attacks than any other nation, with 38 last year. That was down from 40 the previous year and well below the 53 recorded in 2000.Australia was second with seven attacks, including the fatal attack at Amity Point, on Queenslands North Stradbroke Island, on January 7, 2006.Despite the attention shark attacks receive, the data shows they are a rare occurence.Cheers again fish facts

Guest big lizard

For anyone that's swimming Marino way have heard reports of an 18ft White hanging around..Now that's scary..Sharks are way more common in close these days..@ Fred i supose those stats would be fairly correct only problem is most of the attacks were recorded here wern't they :scratch:

18 foot white. Enough to scare anyone.here's a link for shark attacks all over the world.Australia is 2nd.we dont have that many attacksBut when we do there is a good chance you'll die.http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/statistics/GAttack/World.htmBut still you have to be pretty unlucky.

last year a mate of mine was pulling up a snapper at 4am it was pitch black and rough and a bronzie chased the snapper up to the surface and smashed into the side of the boat as the fish was getting pulled over the side i just froze i hate the idea of big sharks around the boat at night especially white sharks i saw one in the flesh 5years ago 15km out of glenelg it was massive 4 to 5 meters long it was as big as the 18ft boat it was very placid just crusing around we got no snapper that day i wonder why

Question: At night time do sharks have a slight glow to them in the water???A mate of mine that hits up big snapper alot has had a few encounters with sharks and now leaves the snapper on the surf for a moment before netting them.. he once had a white chase a smaller snapper to the boat and the shark came up out of the water and ended up half between the motor and back of the boat.. he also uses smaller diameter rope for his burley bag now aswell so if a shark grabs on it breaks off easier... with the thicker rope he used to use if it didn't bite through straight away the sharks would pull the boat around quite a bit...I'm still yet to see a big White in the water though... i'm sure the day will come though...

Guest big lizard

Marino has always been a spot for whites as it's so deep, i have snorkeld there before when i was young and very nieve,,lol never again..Scary water South of Brighton i wont even wade out anymore seen an 8ft Bronzy last season about 20ft away from me wadeing not that they bother me but you never know.. :shock:

argh, stop talking about my hunting grounds!!! :lol: I dont think sharks are quite as dangerous as we all think, all the big shark attacks that people survive arent actually the sharks trying to kill you, thats just them having a taste to see if they think you're edible. Mind you a taste test will still often cost you a leg lol. Apparently (and thank god i've never had to try it) if a shark is smaller than the length of your kayak the best thing to do is charge straight at it and it will flee, true or not i dunno but certainly useless against an 18 footer lol.

• 2 months later...
Guest Butters

WELL!!! here is a new one for every one.. Out off Geelong on Saturday arvo a Roo swam out to sea and got taken by a 3mt Shark which came clear out the water and the roo was never seen again.. :shock: :twisted: :lol:

Guest Butters

heard it on the radio and then checked out on the net.here is the link for you guys:http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22905779-29277,00.htmli have seen a few of them swimming in the murray before hey.. we seen it across the other side then a farmer drove past is and it got spoke and swam across to our side..