4120 Surf Rod Build by a Beginner.

Well lets see if I can jump into the deep end without a life preserver... I recently got hold of a Snyder-Glas 4120 Rod Blank with a Wooden Sand Spike on it. This used to be a Rod, but was then converted to a HF Antenna, now I am going to turn it back into a rod. I have little or no experience in building rods, so this is a new one for me. I thought I would start off with something simple like fixing up the Sand Spike, which I have now completed.I plan to get the guides, handles and Reel seat soon... So this build may take a while, but I will post on here as I am doing it.. Here is the progress so far.. Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far, working out where everything should go and what parts to use.Picture of the Sand Spike on the rod blank, when I first got it.sandspike.jpgAfter a little sanding and the first coats of Varnish and Epoxy go on...sandspike1.jpgCompleted Sand Spike, drying in the Sun.sandspike2.jpgMore to come later...