wanting to find a 2nd hand Kayak set up for fishing

Keep your eye on the AKFF (Australian Kayak Fishing Forum) website, and of course here.2 man kayaks are not as popular or as widely used as single, so you may have some difficulty finding something suitable secondhand in Adelaide.Also have a chat with Binks Marine (local Hobie Dealer) and Adelaide canoe Works, as they may be aware of local secondhand purchases.Good kayaks dont come cheap though, and for something decent secondhand, I think you'd still be hard pushed to get change from about $1500+.

Be wary of those cheaper ones Mick! Check the payload rating, as you can find some of them are only suitable for kids, but when you add the weight of two adults and a bit of gear, they are then overloaded and unstable (if they still float at all).Also with ebay, be aware of freight charges and get quotes from a few different trucking companies! I had a kayak transported from Sydney, and it cost me $440 in freight.

Hey fella,Have you thought about a two man fiberglass canoe? Or are you dead keen on a plastic kayak? I recently picked up a two man fiberglass canoe from gumtree, $270 with two sets of paddles. This one is 3.5m long, flat bottom and nice and wide in the middle, so nice and stable. It's easily carried by two people on and off the roof racks and to the waters edge. I've recently pimped it out by adding an outrigger (for increased stability), some high back seats and some rod holders. It may not look as cool as a new kayak, but it's cost me all up less than $400, and I'm sure the fish won't care what I'm in!Food for thought and there have been quite a few canoes for sale recently on both ebay and gumtree. ;)