Suitablity of certain baitcasters in the salt.

I'm looking at purchasing a baitcaster, and more specifically looking at the Daiwa range (either Tierra or Advantage). These reels seemed geared towards the bass fisherman and fresh water fishing. I would like to use the reel for Callop and Cod on the river, but would also like to take it out and use it offshore out of my kayak.Just wondering though whether these reels will get destroyed by the salt. I know Daiwa have a couple of models specifically designed for salt water use, but the Tierra and Advantage look smoother and better value. Neither have corrosion resistant bearings.So does anyone own one of these reels, and have they stood up to salt water use??Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

i ran 2 TDA's for all saltwater work for the last 3-4 years (since they came out), bass to barra sort of gear..cant fault them. i did give them the INOX treatment before i hit the water as always but apart from that they have been kept clean and re INOX'd after each trip and they are going strong. ive just offloaded the 6.3:1 TDA model and scored the TIERRA, its seems a bit more robust, stronger star drag mechanism and heavier handle...

I hvae used both the daiwa and shimano but have found the shimanos better. The reasoning is servicing is easier to do and could be done on the water if you had to and they seem a lot stonger. I had a viento and the first big fish i hooked on it it stripped the gears. I got it repaired and it was fine for a while but feels no where near as good as when i got it. I have a curado aswell adn that has had more of a flogging and is still A1 and also theyy are Bang for your buck