burleying for bronzies

hey guys, as most of us new spring is on its way and i know i will be and probally alot of you other guys will be chasing bronzies, il be taking my boat out in a couple weekends time and wil be balloning and im going to make a burley probally this weekend. so far im using tuna oil with salmon carcuses crushed in it, stil looking for other ingreidents to add,im not sure if i should freeze it either so it release the oil slower? i was think of using a big burley block as well. does anyone else know any good burleys or anything else i can add or use to my burley? becoz the tuna n salmon making up most the burley i was going to try salmon and bonito 4 bait aswell?cheersbrooksy

I dont think ya need to be too fussy. If it smells like fish and tastes like fish......it must be fish! ;)Just chuck in whatever you have at hand, and if that happens to be salmon at the time, then so be it. The important thing is to keep a constant trail up so keep that mulcher moving.

i tend to stick with fish based products, and i like to go to a fish market and get them to fill up 3-5 10l buckets and i then mince them, add quite a lot of tuna oil and some pellets. I use the pellets to give it some body to help attract other fish.This concoction makes Garfish STs, and slimy macs and similar fish for that matter, go crazy, and that in itself is a form of burley.

• 1 year later...
westendtinnie wrote:

maybe try some chicken frames mixed in aswell

Not anymore! This thread began over 1 year ago before the legislation was changed. No animal or bird products now!http://www.pir.sa.gov.au/fisheries/recreational_fishing/fishing_gear/bait_and_tackle

blood, bone, meat, offal or the skin of an animal, including birds, may not be used as berley when fishing in any marine waters of the State.Fish and fish based products may be used.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been using a coke bottle with about 4 small holes punched in it & a string tied through the lid. Fill it with a decent tuna oil & place behind boat. Oil drips at a nice rate & creates a good slick. Also have a burley block in the pot mounted on the back of the boat to bring around Gar, Tommies & Macks which in turn attracts larger species. Went out last week got one & missed 2 (one big boy), went out yesterday & got 2 missed 1 & hooked the mother of all rays. :lol: