Cheap Cheerful and Simple flies

I have been tying a few flies of late and thought I would share a few cheap and easy ones with you folks out there. The first fly is a Midge Pupae it is made up of red thread, black thread a small piece of holographic tinsel(which could be substituted with plain silver Xmas tinsel) and clear nail polish.The next couple are damsel/bugger type patterns which are literally a hook marabou and some fine wire. These flies are prime candidates for blinging up for saltwater applications ;). You can get marabou in nearly every color under the sun from most cheap shops for a couple of bucks along with the wire the most expensive part of the fly is the hook ;). Enjoy1Fish :boot:

LokiandJune2012125.JPG

LokiandJune2012135.JPG

LokiandJune2012137.JPG

. The first fly is a Midge Pupae it is made up of red thread' date=' black thread a small piece of holographic tinsel(which could be substituted with plain silver Xmas tinsel) and clear nail polish.1Fish :boot:[/quote']A fish will actually eat that :huh: No offence 1Fish, I know very little about fly fishing, but that looks like it would sink like a stone :side: That seems amazing, but then presented the right way would make all the difference I suppose

G'day afishyfish,No offence taken at all mate. The midge pupae(mozzie relative) is tied on a sz16 hook so it's pretty small I also tie them on sz18's.You can fish this fly as a single or in a train of 2 or 3 flies which is what I normally do, a weighted point fly(nymph or wooly bugger) then two of these guys on droppers with a figure of 8 retrieve deadly ;) on trout in the lakes around here when the water starts to warm ;) Cheers1Fish :boot: