Rather than just fishing tackle, I've decided to turn my hand to something a lil different, but something which is also marketable to fishermen/boaters.Just recently I was introduced to the wonders of the Cobb Cooker, which is something I'd never even heard of before. I enjoy the outdoor life, camping, fishing, entertaining, and I was after something simple, effective, versatile and portable that I could use to cook with whilst entertaining under the pergola, away on camping/fishing trips, or simply as an alternative to cooking indoors, so I decided to give one of these things a go, and it's something I'd now like to share with you all.The Cobb storyIn December 2001, Time Magazine featured the Cobb as one of the best inventions of that year. This was a major turning point for what had started out as an obvious idea to an environmentalist in Africa several years earlier. Ken Hall’s idea was to encourage native Africans to use corncobs as fuel for cooking, rather than wood or coal. He devised a simple clay pot stove with a steel mesh grill that Africans could easily make and fuel with their abundant supply of corncobs.The idea took hold and Ken and his brother Michel went on to develop the Ecocob, an inexpensive, all metal stove that could be distributed in aid programmes in third world countries globally.Further development of the Ecocob resulted in the Cobb – a safe, lightweight, portable, environmentally friendly cooker that does almost everything in the line of cooking and runs on a handful of BBQ beads.The Cobb (from corncob, not the coach company) delivers higher levels of safety, portability, fuel economy and versatility than any recreational cooking appliance ever produced. In one unit, it’s an oven, a barbeque, a smoker, a stove and can be used anywhere at home or in the great outdoors.COBB PREMIERThe Cobb Premier is an all stainless steel model and is recommended for boating and fishing enthusiasts where the Omni Marine Kit is to be used (boat rail mounting kit). Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageClean Healthy CookingWith a Cobb you can cook anything, anywhere. In a kitchen, on a balcony, in a tent or caravan or on a boat. In one safe, fuel-efficient unit, the Cobb is an oven, a barbecue, a smoker and a stove. It weighs just 4.5kg and runs on ordinary BBQ beads (not gas) and is so safe you can hold it in your hands while it’s cooking, and cook on any surface, even glass.Cobb cooking is healthy. Fats and oils drain from the grill and accumulate in the moat – see at right. And because fat and oil are not able to drip into the fire, there is no smoke with Cobb cooking.Cleaning is easy. The bowl pops out of the base and is cleaned in the same way as a pot. The grill has a non-stick coating.Parts of the CobbPosted ImageCutaway ViewPosted ImageAccesoriesThe Cobb can be transformed by purchase of optional accesories.Omni Marine Kit img<strong class=Fry & Pizza Panhttps://www.cobb.com.au/images/_accessories1.jpg' alt='_accessories1.jpg'>Frying Dish. Pan & wok in one_accessories2.jpgPlus other accesories available.After using my own cooker I realised that it takes a little experimentation to obtain correct cooking times/number of heatbeads, but it's something I'm glad I've purchased, and also something I'm gonna get plenty of use from.PRO'SEffectiveVersatileEnvironmentaly friendlyPortable & LightweightSturdy & well madeHealthyAdaptable with accesories availableEasy to cleanSmoke-freeCON'SExpensiveNot suitable for indoor useI believe the pro's far outweigh the cons! I can prepare my dinner, bugger orf fishing while to cooks itself, using only a handful of heatbeads, and safe in the knowledge this thing will look after itself while I'm gone, and once the heatbeads have expired, the cooking process will cease!Cost is the only factor which inhibits, and may exclude some working to a budget, but overall, I've found it to be a fantastic investment!Further details can be found here: https://www.cobb.com.au/index.asp

Nice write up Ranger! Didn't realise about it's origins! Welcome to the club, I reckon it is a good investment also. Anyone who loves Webbers will like the Cobb. You can also use wood chips soaked in water to give the smoky flavour, cause as Ranger said it does not smoke due to the moat. Cheers Greeny03