gulp and gulp alive

i got some gulp sandworms given to me at my local tackle shop, i went down to the port mac jetty and they shrimp and cockles wernt having any luck, i thought id chuck on the sandworm just to see what happend, not expecting anything, on my first cast i was on straight away, only a small salmon bout 19cm, caught 14 all up. but i was wondering what fish do they work on and what is the place to use them, also what are the best gulp/gulp alive products? i am new to SP's and any tips you have would be greatthanks.

Gulp are a fantastic product and a great way to get started with sp's. They will catch pretty much all species you're likely to encounter or target (whiting, bream, salmon, flathead, snapper, mulloway, etc, etc), and they ALL catch fish!My own preferences are the worms, shrimp and turtlebacks, amongst many others.use the lightest jighead you can to get ya plastic down into the strikezone and work it slowly with many pauses in ya retrieve.If you're just starting with sp's, grab a copy of the Berkley DVD with Adam Royter. Ya can get them inexpensively at all good tacklestores, and it's one of the most informative you'll find, explaining rods, reels, lines, leaders, knots, jigheads, plastics, techniques, etc.