Hi guys ,I would appreciate help in getting some information about crabbing. Am I right to say that in South Australia the most popular places for crabbing are from Henley Beach jetty and all the way up ? Are there crabs down south like Noarlunga and all the way down south ? If so why is the hooking up rate of crabbing mainly concentrated near the metropolitan areas and up north ? why is the south not popular ? Hope you guys can help cause I will be fishing with pilchard and ground bait hence if I know then I can choose where to fish where crabs are not in numbers so they dont disturb my bait frequently . Lastly are there blue crabs in the port river ? Thank you for your time.regards,TT

All in all there aren't really many crabs out in numbers at the moment. I would say that from Henley through to St Kilda and beyond are basically the most populated in terms of crab concentration. As for the Port River I wouldn't go past it but you would be one unlucky chappy to get your bait disturbed by a crab in the port river. All the best to your fishing endeavors.Tight LinesCH