G'day Lads,Me and a couple of mates are heading up to the Coorong this weekend from Friday to Monday, Just wondering if anyone has a report on what has been caught up there over the last month or so, I hear that we would be a little bit late/early for jewies but that there has been quite a flood of salmon and shark floating around. Could anyone back this up?Also, the swell looks like it will be picking up towards the end of our trip, does anyone have any suggestions if this will be much of an issue. (how big does it need to be to be an issue)Tight Lines...

There is every chance of hooking onto a bigger fish there.Just by having a bait in the water.If there is weed then your chances are badly reduced.Take some 4oz and 6oz 3 sided star sinkers.You'll need the bigger sinker if there's a strong side current.That's if your rod will handle that cast weight plus bait.

Running rigs have never worked for me there as you can't get distance because of the way they are,best was a paternoster rig 2 - 6/0 hooks like this :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsFdA9I5fysI use 30lb mono main line and 40lb or 50lb leader,no wire traces.As for sinkers i went from a 4oz star to a grapnel sinker and it still dragged and swapped it over to a 6oz 3 sided star sinker and it slowed the drag on the sand,but that hour the side current was very strong.Improve your chances with 2 lines out with 2 baits per lineAs for casting bigger sinkers you'll need heavier line from sinker to reel with a few wraps around the spool.As a rule of thumb for every ounce used you should have 10lb of line.3oz sinker 30lb line,4oz sinker 40lb line..Stops being busted off during the hard cast.It's what ever works for the individual