Competition Starting 25/10/07 Ending 25/11/07

Hey All,To enter this months competition simply post your favourite Tommies, Mullet or Garfish photoThe photo must be your ownOnly 1 entry per user will be acceptedThe winner will be decided by means of poll, in which all entries will be entered into. Polling will open on the 26/11/07 and will run for 1 week. The winner will be the photo with the most votesIn the event of a draw, the photos with equal votes will be entered into a final poll for 24 hoursThe prize will be a $50 voucher from one of the following stores (winner to select the store) Adelaide Bait & Tackle Compleat Angler Wallaroo Binks Marine Salisbury Dive & Tackleworld Todd's Tackle & Bait Tackleworld Pt Adelaide All Entries must be posted in this topic Entry open to South Australian residents only Prize to be collected from selected store Good Luck, Aarron :thumleft:

Gosh, you make it hard for me, the fish you never take pics of are Gar, tommys and mullet. If there is ever incentive to get the boat out this is the one, and now with daylight savings, there should be no reason not to get a pic before this comp closes.And talking of Gar and Tommies, at Turton one day, I was with my son in law, over near the sandhills fishing for Gar, both our floats were in the Berley stream and about the same distance from the boat and only 10 - 15ft apart, I was catching all the Gar and he was catching all the Tommies, how that works out I dont know, anyway that is not the story I started to tell.I did manage to catch 1 tommy for the day, I was doing something other than holding the rod, just watching the float, when the float suddenly took off to the left side of where we were fishing, it was as iff i had caught the Melbourne Express, no kidding it went about 12 -15 meters by the time I grabbed hold of the rod, and did he give one hell of a fight as I brought him along side the boat, he did a dive under the boat and gave the rod a real working out, all the time I was wondering what the hell I had on the other end to fight like this, when I got him out of the water, he was no bigger than about 4" easily fitting in the palm of my hand, after putting up a fight like that we had to let him go, to grow into a bigger, better, stronger, fighting machine[/color:3m9ay3qv]

Well so far one entry is not all that flash.The first prize is a $50 voucher for a tackle store in case you didn't read it.So far you've only got one to beat and he's a moderator so he cant win.$50 voucher$50 voucher$50 voucher$50 voucher$50 voucher$50 voucher$50 voucher$50 voucher$50 voucher$50 voucher$50 voucher$50 voucher$50 voucher$50 voucher$50 voucher

Dont get you knickers in a knot, the month is far from finished, with another 17 days before voting starts, you can bet your swingers that there will be a flurry of entries for us to choose from, and besides, everyone takes snaps of Tommys, gar & mullett everytime they catch one!!!!! dont they.[/color:8rx87o9t]

right here my mullet pic.As always the pic sdoesn't do it justice.Fishing off the bank at Acramens creek near streaky bay. A school of salmon swam past and were nailing our pillies on 2x 5/0 hooks.We landed a couple of kg sized salmon and then i caught this yellow eye mullet. It wasn't as big as the salmon but it must have been swimming with the school and feeding like a salmon so it grew big and tough. I didn't measure it but i'd say close to 40cm size=634http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/eBeutge9__IMAGE0017.JPG[/img]

Acremans is in between Smoky and Streaky i think. We normally stay in Streaky so i Say it's near Streaky buut it's probably closer to Smoky???

wondered how they got to smoke fish, now I know, thanks for the tip

It took me a while but i got there. I never realised i was so slow. {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gifops: