West Lakes Mully HELP!

In the lead up to summer I am (still) desperate to catch a west lake mulloway,(lochness), but after spending countless hours (250+) with both live baits and lure I still come up trumps. I had plenty of help from people on this site with times, locations and what not. You guys know who you are and I thankyou all!I'm confident I know decent spots in the lake, best times and phases. I'm after help with lures. I've used a wide range including soft plastics and hard bodies, weighted, unweighted, suspending and floating. I am limited as I dont have a yak and all my casting is from the shoreline.I've previously had two hits on livies and I understand that this is probably the best method but with my work hours it doesn't really allow for the time. I live up the road from West Lakes and it is easy to go flick lures straight after work/whenever I'm free. Also had plenty of by catches including a salmon @ 46cm. The gear I'm using is an okuma trio, a daiwa aird spooled with 10lb braid and using 12lb flurocarbon.Can someone give me some tips/hints with lures. eg techniques, types etc. Would really like to hear other peoples experiences with lures in WL as well. PM if not keen to put this info up for everyone to see....

I find it more difficult to catch bream than mullys in the lake now :blink: I'm not kidding either. just find the baitfish schools and lob out your livie or lures and ones bound to hit it. like king monkey said mono for live baiting is a good choice a lot less tangles. since switching from braid back to mono i've hooked up a lot more then with braid and lost fewer fish, 8-15lb mono is plenty. a schoolie from tonight taken on an unweighted pillie cube intended for bream good fun on a 500 sienna and 3lb braid.557989_588984234472436_813110433_n.jpg