Anyone know how far neptunes is out from taylors landing? I have a trailer boat (brooker 525) with 90hp yamaha handles the weather fine and very reliable motor. I am keen to head out to neptunes and do some bottom bouncing and chasing kingies and Samson fish round there, anyone have any experience or taken a smaller boat out there ? Just not keen on going all the way from axel stenross port lincoln fuel wise. Any info would be great cheers

Hey mate

Neptunes is about 40kms from Taylors Landing.

I go out there occasionally in my 6.1 metre boat.

Pick your weather and its no problem although i think a 5.25 metre boat is a bit on the small side as there's no shortage of white sharks out there that are that size and would weigh well over a tonne.

Its not uncommon to have one of the vicious bastards pay you a visit out there and if you go close enough to the shark cage boats  berley trail then you could potentially have as many as 10 around your boat at once  :o

Ive had up to 4 around my boat and i don't like it one bit. if that makes me a pussy then i can live with that :D

Becareful going through thorny passage about 1km either side of cape catastrophe as it can be a hairy place especially during out going tides which really make the swell and waves lift up. 2 metre swell/waves suddenly become 3 metres in size and often with no backs due to the strong currently flow.

An incoming tide isn't as bad as the swell/waves and tide are travelling in the same direction but still be very careful nonetheless.

I often take a the longer route by travelling the eastern side of thistle island so that i avoid the passage altogether.

Yeah I'm fine with the sharks don't bother me been out on the shark charters before so know what to expect there. Wouldn't mind heading out there soon need to find a crew/ someone that knows the waters as I'm pretty cautious about going new places with out being there before with someone that knows the area, shark charters are a different story still wouldn't feel comfortable until I've taken my boat there before