Best camping spots PT Lincoln/Coffins

Anyone willing to share there best camping spots on the coast around port Lincoln coffins bay area that is also a good fishing spot. One of my favourites is September beach nice little camp area behind a bit of a sand dune out of the wind and a short walk to beach or rock fishing with plenty of friendly kangaroos that drop past for a visit

Thanks guys I like Lincoln national park that's where September beach is and also have been to yangi bay in coffins for a look and the camp area does look awesome and was wondering what the fishing would be like there the water looks shallow in the bay thought you may get some flatties in there or maybe some whiting

Wow  that looks awesome I love it already  I don't get home for another 2 weeks but as soon as I do the family is hanging for a camping trip so just might head out there for a weekend whats the track like to get in there I have a Nissan navara d40 is it mainly a sand track. Do you live in Lincoln jono because I have been thinking I have met a couple of other strike and hookers in town and was thinking all the Adelaide strike and hookers catch up and have beers every now and then and thought we may be able to set up a night in our area

Another question Jono can you catch much fish around the beach area at black springs im even happy with a few mullet and the chance of a flat head  I have been surprised by how good a fresh mullet on the coals of a fire taste whilst camping out at September beach where in the past I would not usually eat them

Hey Clark I live in coffins bay on hollidays at the moment for a week though there is a few sand patches and a lot of rocky hills etc great for 4wding never been bogged there just let your tyres down a bit and keep momentum up, the sand is very soft in places but it all gets pretty hard about a foot down so if worse comes to worse not that hard to dig out a little bit. As for fishing don't know about black springs although a little further down I have seen people catch mullet on 7mile beach. The photo of the beach is on the way to black springs no campsite there but great to go and have a walk around there or cast a line. I wouldn't be surprised if you get kgw off the beaches around there either there are plenty around coffins, plenty of Tommie's and st as well always cook up alright, just get a bottle of tuna oil and put a bit in the water will be plenty I Tommie's around in no time. And yeah would be good I do a catch up thing like the boys in Adelaide do, I'm on hollidays around victor harbor area at the moment and the fishing is pretty average in my opinion compared to coffins area too hit and miss for my liking. I like to be able I take the boat out anchor up on a bit of structure in anything 60ft + and catch edible fish unlike down here all you catch is bloody rock cod an even them you gotta wait round all day lol

• 3 weeks later...

Jono, Im a Kellidie bay  resident..  folks still live there...  i moved to adelaide a long tiume back.   love that area of the world! i still holiday over there all the time!

gotta get the patrol over there again soon..  would love to head right out past blacks..