Hand held gps- best option- help wanted

hey guys.I use a garmin GPS 72.It's black and white. Large screen fully waterproof and it floats. It is really easy to use and uses very little batteries. It has good back lighting so it is easy to read at night or on a sunny day. If you go with a garmin i will show you how yo use it if you need. These sell for around $299 to $349. If you just want to get to a fishing spot i would say this one. no frills. just the stuff you need.

I have a Garmin e-trex. Its a small hand held unit that is also simple to use, can be use with one hand, it is a bit harsh on batteries (about 22hrs continuous use), you can get a cigarette lighter plug in chord, which are not that cheep but it is cheaper than buying batteries all the time, however not convenient in a Kayak, I think these units float as well, but they are bright yellow in the case colour, so it should be easy to find at the bottom of the seabed if you happened to drop it over the side. BTW if you did drop it over, and found it before the batteries go flat, at least you will know exactly the GPS spot where you found it.Hope that helps[/color:s6h2esze]

i got a garmain 48 handheld i think?picked it up second hand from a fella for $160 pretty much perfect condition...came with hundreds of marks, and an extra outdoor antenna or something, so i can almost use when im driving. I dunno he was telling all about the "extras" that came with it but i wasn't really listening... :lol::lol: anyway try looking or asking for secondhand models, might save some $$ like i did.And all i need it for is holding drops etc, not into the fancy gizmos for the extra $$