when fishing??

Guest Butters

Guest Butters

Just out of curiosity when you guys arrive on your mark.. when berleying do you:Drop down a small plastic pot with pellets?Send down a berley bag, similar to a scaling bag, full of all sorts of crap?or small portions of chunk berley every so often?

I tend to get a handfull of pellets and scatter them around, also a few crushed cockles as well so I can see how much tide movement there is. I try and varry in a scewtop plastic friut jar, some blue metal that you find in heaps on the side of roads, give them a good dose of Tuna oil, then tip them out in a heap under the boat, they sink to the bottom and stay in one place, the oil seeps off the stones and attracts the fish to your area.If I have razor fish, I crush them and put in an onion bag with a few weights in it and send that to the bottom as well near the back of the boat.If none of them work then i call into SAMTAS on the way home[/color:12w5ddd0]

• 1 month later...

almost always use a burley bucket or bag full of all sorts of stinky goodies,and then burley down with left over peices or shells of whatever bait is being used. {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gifJust don't leave the burley bag sitting in your boat when you come home from fishing, especially for 3 weeks! {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity when you guys arrive on your mark.. when berleying do you:Drop down a small plastic pot with pellets?Send down a berley bag, similar to a scaling bag, full of all sorts of crap?or small portions of chunk berley every so often?

Depends what species we're fishing for!If Snapper, I believe burley up big time, so go the scaler bag filled with a frozen block.
  • 7 months later...

Depends what species we're fishing for!If Snapper, I believe burley up big time, so go the scaler bag filled with a frozen block.
tend to agree with that.... pro fisher i knows uses that much berley its incredible.....mostly kingfish heads that he can see getting slammed by big snapper.