What is you best catch ever !!!!!!!

Just wanted to hear your best catch of all time.Mine goes like this.I came home from work one day and my fiance had cleaned out my house and pissed off with her new partner. A couple days later a mate said come up to Yalata for a week to clear my head. I had nothing to lose literally.We stayed at Fowlers and drove up to Yalata one morning and fished the beach. I had a massive run on my cheap as $99 shimano surf combo. After 5 mins my mate ran out into the shallow water and pulled in my 102cm mully. We dragged her up on the beach and just stared at it. It was the most liberating experience i've ever had. We danced around, jumping and yelling ye ha's for a few minutes. When my mate walked off to check his rods i put him/her back in the water and watched it swim away so slowly. It was the greatest feeling. My mate was spewing when i put it back but it felt right.

mine was back a few years ago now, i was stayin at corny point and i finally nagged a good spot out of a friend up there so decided to try that night. me and the step dad packed the gear and just made it by dark. i put out my bait and sat back feeling great when my rod had a big thud then nothin. so 2 mins later i reeled it in to see bare hooks . rebaited and cast the same spot. bang i was on and fought and landed my best mully which is 25lbs. that was my best catch ever. mullies are my fav fish.

When i was 15 a mate and i used to spend every fri or sat night sitting at the J bridge religously wetting pillies or fresh baits out for mullies.Almost a year had gone and we'd spent some long nights in the cold for only the one run pretty much all year. Summer time came around and we were able to stick it out a little longer because it was more comfortable obviously.We got to know the locals down there and learnt a few tricks like walking your baits down the bridge etc etcWe never even saw anyone land a mully either, but we knew it was possible. One warm night around 10pm i rigged up a garfish and cast it out under the bridge and slowly brought it back.I sat down tired and thirsty but continued to cast for almost and hour and a half when i felt the 4kg line snag..and then it started to move...The fish took 4 good little runs and after 5mins my mate helped me to land my first jewie. All 72cm sparkled to me under the bridge lights and i was over the moon. All that effort and those long nights were all worth it when i watched the prize swim off. And then i got lucky because he was obviously exhausted and decided to stay in the shallows to gather his breath and for a few minutes i watched him swim around under the lights before heading into deeper water..always remember your first hey boys.... {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif

NG! i ws on as he said it! mully_chaser came out of know where as well and got the camera rolling. after a fight of about 40-60mins we were about half a kay down from were i hooked the beast. we had to get fat dave to lift the fish on to the sure because there was no way me or mullyman could lift it! a photo session and the fish was released back into the lake!this is my most rememrable catch as it was 4th cast, first time to use the rod and it was just so big! unfortunately the council were called to pick up a dead 50 pounder opposite to were i released mine!!!!!! petty he died!the pic is in the mully comp section of this forum.

You all would have already read my mully; but ill repost it for some of the new ppl. Sorry I just really love this fish.125cm Mulloway On PlasticsWhen you see the term Mulloway you instantly want to read on but when the word plastics is thrown on you just can't help yourself. It was on wedensday afternoon when the boat was launched at the local boat ramp and a trip to our mulloway spot was planned, my father the driver of our 14ft fibre glass boat killed the engine and aimed perfectly for a nice drift. I flicked my plastic towards the structre... first cast nothing, second cast nothing third cast still nothing. So my nerves calm down now and I wasn't even thinking about hooking a mullie but still counting the cast (I usually count up to ten, I like to know when I hook up). Fourth cast and still nothing, fith cast was a long cast, saw the belly in my line from the plastic hitting the bottom and I jigged up to see if any weight was holding on, nothing. Let the plastic hit the bottom once again with my 9 gram jig head, belly in the line, jig up and then BANG, the reel screamed off while my father and I were in awe. "Start the engine" I yelled knowing this was big. We turned the engine on for around 10secs and drifted beautfly after him. He headed for the structre at first after holding the spool and pushing my gear to the limit he turned his head and headed for the middle, where a good 15 of heart stopping minutes were battled out. After seeing this enormous golden beast on its side about 10 feet deep shaking its head widly with that 9 gram jighead and the plastic in its' mouth was an awesome sight that I'll never forget, at that moment my heart had skipped several beats and my legs were worse than jelly. This monster from the deep was eventullay pulled to the side of the boat exauhsted (both the angler and fish) and the lip grippers were pulled out to land it. Quick snaps and the final measurement of 125cm then back in the water to see it swim off and fight another day. {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gifI love how all of our greatest fish are mullies:)[/color:28eym0p0] size=590http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/WUL6FaqA__Dad_Holding_It.jpg[/img]

hey mully chaser i never ever want to hear you say you will swap all your mullies for a king, thats lootacris. {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif mullies are the ultimate fish in my book. be thankfull, they dont come around all that often these days. {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif but kings are cool hey. lol.

my best catch ever would be my 12kg snapper of glenelg jetty in 1994 hadnt been fishing for months and caught the fish first cast i thought it was a small ray i had no idea a big snapper was going to be splashing around under the jetty lights Ive caught hundreds of snapper since then and its still my biggest snapper {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

Guest Butters

my favourite catch goes like this...I had just went out the day before and bought my self my first over head reel.. i think a shakespear SKP2000 40 bucks worth.. loaded it up with 12lb mono and weightless single hook rig.. 5/0 fishing from the north haven break water with not a great deal happening.. i managed to catch a nice tommy which soon had a 5/0 hanging through its back and was ready to be launched back in the drink.. Still trying to work out casting and the drag setup, i some how managed a cast of about 10mts.. i set the drag nice and loose and put it down on the rock.. but when i put it down line slowly start to come off the reel.. thinking that maybe the tommy was just a bit to strong i tighted it up a few turns.. but the line still continued leaving my reel and started to slowly increase in speed.. my mate looked over and was watching it all unfold and yells out.. looks like something has grabbed it.. HIT IT!!! So i tightened up alittle bit more and struck.. and then all hell broke loose.. i lost a good hundred meters of line under probably 1kg of drag from the shakespear.. :lol: with big head shakes and changing directions a few times.. forcing me to chase it around on the breakwater.. slowly i manged all the line back the rocks but still hadn't had a look at what it was.. then it went on another run this time heading towards the breakwater directly opposite the channel.. but it only managed to get half way and was spent.. I had to then drag this fish 40 meters or so splashing on the surface back to the rocks.. Some how the hooks didn't pull and i manged to reach down and grab a nice fat mully from the water.. went 10lb cleaned and was one of my most memorable captures .. So far :lol: