your right rodman. i just googled sea snakes and all i could find was this:Snake At least 32 species of sea snake have been recorded in northern Australian waters. Some species are also found in the southern waters off Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia. All sea snakes discovered so far are venomous. Sea snakes are readily identified by their flattened tails and valvular nostrils. They are of course excellent swimmers and divers and feed on fish and eels. The young are born alive at sea, except for those of the banded sea krait (Laticauda colubrina), which comes ashore to lay its eggs. Sea snakes shed their skins much more frequently than land snakes; as often as every two weeks.there is marine centre near by where i caught it, so i will see them when i go there next week. i wish i kept it now.

Guest xtrafishyfish

Spineyeel I was thinking the samething, when I used to go with my father down to the Port and watch him fish for mullies at the wheat wharf he would sometimes pull in an eel that was wrapped around his line after getting hooked {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

I remember catching one of those from the Outer Harbour Wharf 45 years ago, they were the days when you could catch anything from those wharves even when a cruise liner was berthed alongside.This "sea snake" as we thought was fully entangled around all the hooks and spring sinker, all the old fisho's called it a 'sea snake', told us to be carefull we never got bitten by it as if we did, we would never make it to the QEH before you would die.We fixed that 'sea snake' real good, cut his head off and threw the whole thing back into the water.[/color:23zms69r]

We'll have to have that beer and discuss matters of testicles.Cheers, Rodman.[/color:afsqwuiq]

i love this site... bringing fishermen together??!! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif
you guys could always have some testicles and discuss beer? {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif