Anyone selling a copy of "Coarse Fishing in Australia" by G.S. Walker?

Desperate to get a copy of the above title, willing to pay cash :P:P :PI was at a mates house tonight and he showed me this book, published in 1991, and it is all about SA Fish with a great section on Redfin with pics too :fishing: 8) 8) 8)What blew me away is that the guy was a SAFWAA member and there are some historic pics of early members at comps and fishing spots around SA 8) 8) 8)Just sent a pic to Big Ian Harris, on S&H of his dad Bob with a nice 3lb Reddy. Bob's name appears on the Redfin trophy as well, so he's been a bit of a fishing legend in the past :fishing:Great advice and pics of catching everything from Gar to Mullys on light Coarse fishing gear and some wierd and wonderful bait concoctions, methods and techniques, which were brought with him when he came to live in SA 8)G S Walker has been a fishing author from 1964 (now deceased) and owns a good, straight forward, no nonsense writing style which adds to the character of he book 8) 8) 8)My mate has extremely reluctantly loaned me the book on pain of a fate worse than death should some mishap befall it ::) Gotta get it back soon, but would love to have my own copy :PAnybody help please? I think there were only a thousand copies printed which would make the book rarer than hens teeth and rocking horse poo put together ::)Cheers, tonyb.

Good news fellah. I just did a search on rare books, and I've found 4 copies in Australia from $18.00-$28.94.Pegasus Book Orphanage Time Booksellers DromanabooksAlexander Fax Booksellers http://www.booksandcollectibles.com.au/index.php3?bsearch_submit=Search&auth=G+S+Walker&title=coarse+fishing+in+australia&pub=&sub=Fishing&sort_by=author&block_size=20&country=00Next time give us something a little harder, or just keep ya mate's copy, and tell him the dog ate it! ;)

You are an absolute legend Ranger. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* 8)I had a bit of feedback from Big Ian last night and he told me he owns the book and has a spare copy which he had paid a lot more money than that for.He very kindly offerred me his spare, but I'd insisted that I'd pay for it. Now with this option open I'll grab a copy for myself and see if the SAFWAA funds can stretch to a copy for the Club library.Thanks again mate, I'm getting the warm and fuzzy again......!Cheers, Tony.PS My mate can discard his worry beads now :icon_lol:

Tony I would be very surprised if they didnt already have a copy or 2.As George was a SAFWAA member until his death.In fact im sure that my old man put in place the George Walker Memorial Trophy for SAFWAA, After his Death,But I cant remember what it was for. ie best club fisher of the year or a comp or what!you need to read the old minutes, lol.

methinks a little more research should have been carried out before my headlong rush into things Ian ::) I just got a bit carried away with the excitement I guess :icon_e_biggrin:And now you mention it there is a Trophy for best services to the club for each year ::) My bet is that it's the one and same your talking about. Disturbed1, Jono, Club Librarian held it for 2008/9 and the committee decides at the end of May who wins what, when all should become clear ;)I've also emailed some of the committee about the Book and should be getting further feedback soon 8)Many thanks for the input guys, just LUV this forum to death :angel:Cheers, Tony.

i was lucky enough to meet george walker some years back fishing the light river at kapundai was there with my nephew ben tryin to spin up a trout or 2when we came apon this huge figure steathily wading through a reed lined part of the river waving a fly rod aboutwe sat back and watched him for a while careful not to disturb his fishing when he casually waved to us and invited us down for a yaphe was a massive man and a prison guard if i remember correctlyanyway we ended up spending the afternoon fishing with george and one of his pals (another englishman)but i cant remeber his name (also a prison guard i think) he taught us heaps about trout and the river light ben pulled 2 rainbows on georges directions on where to cast this was years ago early to mid 90s i rekonan afternoon to remember for sure!!!

Hello Tonyb, Big Ian and all.I Would love to get my own copy of that book and one for the club (will have to check the clubs library boxes in my shed first) and are willing to pay for both if need be.Now for a big dose of LUCK of the best kind... now tonyb do you remember the two fly tying dvd's that i leant to Brad at the committee meeting the other night... which i am looking after for Garry Newsham until he gets back from WA in a couple of years time...well... there just happened to be a book of Garry's with them that i am also looking after and i just this second checked the name of the book... COARSE FISHING IN AUSTRALIA by G.S. WALKER.... YAHOO!!! THANKS GARRY!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!!- i will check the clubs library boxes in my shed after i get home from fishing tomorrow (way too dark and cold out there now) and i will let you know what i find on here tomorrow night Goodnight All ;D