can someone shed some light on this for me i was just chatting to the father inlaw who owns a shack as some of you would know at the sand bar just down from castles landing.. he was just telling me that they have been dredging the sand bars but instead of putting the sand towards the banks they are just leaving piles of sand in the middle of the river :angry: i havent seen it yet but will try and get up and get photos apparently it looks shocking and will no dought be a hazzrd in the future..he has rang the murrey river council and has been told they know nothing of any dredging being done and this leads him to believe it may be private companies eg house boat industry trying to get there boats above lock 1 before its to late either way the E.P.A has been called and is going to have a look this week ... il keep you posted cheers carps

nothing these dimwits do would surprise me,at one of the local metro ramps they drag all the weed out of the basin chuck it over the breakwall and on the next big tide it washes back into the basin.But when your on a 10,000 dollar contract it pays to make sure you don't run out of work. cheers brenton

Interesting stuff Carps.I cant tell you any more except that I was up that way myself about 8 wks ago, and could bareley get through in my tinny, and one of the locals was telling me about houseboats not being able to get through back then.Whatever they do its gonna be an expensive operation, but maybe they're dumping it in the middle to save the cost of carting it as far ?It'll be interesting to see what the EPA comes up with. :unsure: Cheers

Or maybe the crew from ABC & Assured Home Loans (a good friend Gary Williams) have hit some political buttons. I do know he flew (in his chopper) a bunch of pollies up there a few weeks back, just prior to my post, to show them first hand the disaster in the making.There is an election coming you know & as I remember it many Murray related promises helped get KRUDD in power.Finatic

• 3 weeks later...
finatic wrote:

There is an election coming you know & as I remember it many Murray related promises helped get KRUDD in power.Finatic

I was listening to ABC radio today and there's talk of the Fed Gov buying up Cubby Station, assumedly to help get some flow back in the Rivers Lets hope its true :unsure: :woohoo:

k firstly sorry i dropped the ball on this one :( the EPA has got back to us and informed us that the house boat companies aparently have an open license to dredge the river wherever nececary to keep the boats moving.my father inlaw tells me there where 11 house boats moved up past lock one a week after the dredging was done.. :blink: what pisses me of is they have an open license to dredge but have 0 dutie of care as to what they do with the dredged sand and piling it up in the river seems like a fine idea for them :angry: it looked like bloody garden grove in the river. anyway the thats the guts of it fellas pretty piss pore if you ask me...