bream s/plastics

hi guy's, we decided to do abit of bream fishing in the lake the other day. we were getting shafted by little bream as soon as our baits hit the water, so i decided to try some s/plastics i bought for k.i but didn't use. i've never fished for bream with plastics before, but we ended up doing well getting a couple of biggies. anyway, i want to buy more plastics for bream, is there a couple of good ones that you guys could recomend that work well. i was using the #2 Squidgy wriggler 65mm bloodworm.Whats you fav?cheers. lc

Welcome to the dark side! {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifTo start off with Crab_Man is right, the Gulp 6" Sand Worms in the Camo & New Penny are a sure fire. I think the easiest plastics to fish are the Gulp Range, Squidgy's are good but I tend to stick with gulp. Really its alot of trial and error, if you have a mate to get into like I did well then its alot easier. All you gotta do is keep trying!

Good to hear u've given the lures a go. Just wait till winter, thats when the crazy down deep hard boddies come to the fore. {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifAs for placcie size, u will still get big fish on a small lure, try slowing your retrieve down a bit perhaps; sometimes the big fish are cagy. Make sure u give those 6" camo worms a go they are great, especially unweighted. Also consider trying 2" Gulp shrimp in Molting or New Penny, You can fish these on a round or pointed size 2-1 jig head, let it sink all the way to the bottom give it a short lift and allow it to settle for 10 or more secs. this technique can be deadly on bigger fish, if you detect a hit dont strike immediately, let it take up the slack line and set the hook once the fish has really decided to take it, u should still hook it in the mouth for safe release.Good Luck buddy!