unfortunately not it was a stroker 24kg custom made the reel was a Team Tica 30 WTS game,,lucky for me the rod was replaced by showing them the footage bloody ray took off a that fast it snapped me instantly...Oh well just shows don't lock up a drag on a game reel when playing with big eagles {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gifThe fight was a lot lot longer than what you saw that was the final stages, my arms were dropping off,after around 15-20 minutes of no give at all I was nacked.almost lost the camera man with the force it busted me off with lol

Thats unlucky bro, its really fun testing your gear to the max on good size eagleys, when I went to normanville brought the short stroker 24kg down with the saltist 50 on it and locked the drag. On one egaley he bust me on the reef and the force I was putting on him sent me back on my arse, when I get the footage I'll show ya. The biggest eagle ray I've landed is around 65kg 70kg, took about hour and a half on a 9000 with a 4120 with 20lb. mono. Got boring in the end when he just sucked to the bottom, cant imagine how long a smoothey would have taken {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif

• 7 months later...

Well done Mully still up to your old tricks eh lol we saw a heap of rays on Saturday near the cutting while we were waiting for the tide to rise so we could make our way back to St Kilda as we did not have enough fuel to get back around the back way of Torrens Island there were some real big ones there all the best Lash