Catching squid

Catching squid easily! i wish it was that easy.These guys would have to be the most temperamental bugga's in the sea.But there are a few things to look out for when chasing them.The top priority is clean clear water,without that ya just wasting your time. Unless you find a school that are laying their eggs don't even bother puting the anchor in cos it just ain't going to happen.I find drifting is by far the best way to catch squid.Along the metro coast, they start in september right through till end of and some times beyond january.I find low tide seems to be the best as you can access some of the deeper grounds that would otherwise be out of the question on a full tide[too much tide flow on the turn] Jag wise i find the yozuri oita 3's the best but the 3.5's seem to work good in the deeper water.Fave colours are without doubt the green and white and the blue and white.when you get them goin its not hard to get 15 within 2 mins.Hope this helps some of you get into them and good squidding. {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

• 8 months later...