West Lakes Outlet

I am going fishing on sunday with a mate and we are targeting mulloway. {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gifWas wondering if this is a good spot and what bait would be best. Dont know where we could get a good amount of live bait in the lake so it looks like it will have to be pilchards or something.Any good spots to try?cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif

if you have no luck catching live bait in westlakes you could try one of the local boat ramps. west beach boat ramp usually has some mullet and plenty of trumpeters. i have had good success with dead bait there too. i usually go down to the fish factory and get a kg of bottle squid.good luck. LC

I was down close to that spot the other day with float rig and shitties around half a dozen or so ,,,I get mine from the hotwater use gents and 3 or 4 size 12 hooks don't forget your cheap burley its a must once thrown around like chook food you will get a heap in no time.Dont bother mate with pillys or the like you will get stripped in no time toooooo many pesky breamskies hack you away all night...I was busted off on my 20lb main and 50lb trace the smart ass found some structure to rub me up against >:( >:({SMILIES_PATH}/angry.gif:(" title="Angry" /> oh well ill be out again very soon....Luring wise get yourself a few shallow divers with a very wide swing action or a few big vibes and swim them shallow the vibes in that area are very very good producers so definately worth a try..If you look up at the power lines you will see my 100 vibes or so hanging off there while your there can ya grab them for me {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif