Rod Builders (HELP)

Gidday allI know this post is in the wrong topic but I figure more people read this one than any other. :blush: I need advice from Rod Builders about a particular type / style of fishing rod i am trying to aquire.It needs to be casting rod , I would like to cast very light H/B lures,Very light S/Ps,and 1/8oz spinnerbaits etcGLoomis made a rod #SJR-720 GL2 (Spin rod) GLoomis also made a rod #CJR-720 GL2 (Casting rod) 2-8lb i think,extra fast tip ,6ft or 6ft-6"The Casting rod and /or the blank is no longer available ,I have access to the casting rod mentioned from a tackle store near me.What i am trying to find out from any rod builders is can a 100mm single handed straight butt grip be lengthened to a 140mm or 160mm butt grip successfully ?????????and if so where could this be done ????????Any help would be appreciated,cheers peelipeeli14PS I any body knows of a #CJR-720 GLOOMIS blank available anywhere that would be mutch better.

Short answer is yes you can, but a not familiar with the set up on the rods in question.Is the reel seat a through blank type or the older Fuji bayonet? Probably doesnt matter really, as each should be able to be extended the extra distance you require either with a suitable peice of blank off cut or aluminium. But probably the easiest way would be to have a peice of timber turned that is the extra 40mm you seek, the same diameter as the rear grip plus a little extra so that it will slot into the base of the blank. The extra being a diamater suitable to being slid up the inside of the blank & glued. Similar to a sand spike on a surf rod. Make sense?Only thing I would suggest is to perhaps try a number of options for what feels the best as any alteration will no doubt affect the balance & feel of the rod from that of the original.