waggler floats

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark- I just got back from Berri last week and got myself 4 waggler floats from the Spot On store there. they are really old english ones that they had on a display for $6.90ea. some of them are a little bent from being in the display but nothing that can be sorted out. I will bring them to the next meeting or if u are not there i will get Ben to take a piccy with his phone (I presume he has a new one by now hahaha)but all in all i reckon they are well worth the money. Cheers mate, Jono C.

For those interested, they are easy to make at home from a pencil float or dowling, I have quite a few and they have never failed me.Drill a small hole 10 mm from bottom, you can drill it half way or go right through, then do the same 20 mm from bottom, see sketch.I used small dia galv wire, put a 90 degree bend on one end, put it through the top hole then bend wire down wards along the float/dowling past the end by about 5 mm, then bend it upward till bottom hole, bend wire at 90 deg cut and insert in hole.I finished it off by winding some excess braid fishing line on it and then a thin coat of epoxy glue or araldite.Don't forget to put swivel or snap swivel or wire before inserting it in bottom hole. Posted Image

waggler_float.jpg